Wednesday, February 18, 2009

12 Days

We have already had 12 days with our little Maisy (or May-May as Heather called her tonight). We had a doctors appointment this afternoon and everything is looking good. Maisy has already gotten back to her birth weight and then some, and the Jaundice is going away as her color is much better now. She is 7 lbs. 14oz.. They didn't take a height measurement today, I don't know if that is normal or not, I don't think that it has changed much anyway. I do find that her face and expressions change everyday and I can't wait to get up in the morning to see her.

Heather went in for her first full day of work yesterday. My first full day on my own with Maisy was a breeze. I did have my Mom here for moral support and plenty of pumped breast milk, so I can't take all of the credit!

I am sitting here typing this post and listening to my Mom and Heather talk about how many kids we are going to have. Heather says, " I could see us having about 5 kids." I think back to something Van told me a few months back, "brace yourself kid, once I got Wendy going I couldn't shut her off!" You never know what life is going to bring your way. All I know is I thank God everyday for this little miracle we have in our house. She is so wonderful!


Checking out the nails...



Everybody says that she looks an awful lot like Heather but obviously she has picked a few things up from Good ol' Dad already... (notice the placement of the hand)

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful girl! I'll have to see if I can find some lime green ribbon before I send the bows with Wendy tonight! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, you are hilarious!!! I love the last pic (and especially the caption) and I LOVE the nail pic - with her little mouth open it's like, "Man, I need a manicure!" What a lovebug!

    Way to go - first day with May-May and you passed with flying colors! :)

    I cannot believe Heather is already working again! Dang - superwoman!

    ReplyDelete