Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fishing Update

My cousin Chris and I have been fishing the South Puget Sound lately. It has been a blast. The fishing has been great and the company is even better. We have a great time out there. Chris's girlfriend, Sarah, hasn't been so happy with me lately. We had lunch with them today at our favorite pizza place. When they got to the house Chris was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a trucker style bass pro shops hat. I told him I liked the hat and Sarah rolled her eyes a little. It was pretty funny. At lunch, it comes out that Chris has been cutting his own hair, wearing his bass hat, and fishing on Fridays when he could otherwise be cleaning the house! Sarah says, "When I met Chris we were working at Mercedes, he always had a shirt and tie on, and his hair was always so nice and styled, and he was clean shaven almost everyday, he looked so hot!". I don't know why he has formed these types of habits. Take a look at the photo below. ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE!!! Chris has been eating, drinking, and sleeping fly fishing. The text messages start arriving from him at about 7 in the morning when he is at work and thinking about the next trip we are going to take. I don't know why the messages start coming then, I think he has been at work for over two hours already, maybe he thinks that's when I get up, I don't know. They are- "When are we leaving on Friday?", "What is the name of the pattern that we were using last week?", "Are we going to the same spot?", and usually something like, "Dude, I can't wait until Friday!". I love it! Chris is a natural at the sport, as he is at a lot of different sports. It has been fun hanging out with him - but Chris- if you are reading this, you have to shave or something because I need to get off Sarah's list!

We have been catching the resident silver salmon, and sea run cutthroat trout. It has been pretty fast action and a lot of great fun. The bottom photo is the largest sea run trout I have caught so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment