Monday, April 26, 2010

Back to Suncadia...

The Family spent the weekend up at the Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum, WA.  It was a great time.  American Family had their annual spring awards banquet up there again this year.  We rented a house this year so we could have all of the agents and their families over for a barbecue.  Gus even got to come along.

Heather had to spend time in meetings so Maisy and I found time to take in some fishing. She actually caught a nice stocked rainbow trout on a bubble and dry fly set up!  It was awesome!  I wish I could have gotten a photo of it.  It was just a little to hard to hold the fish and take a photo!  I am good, but not that good! jk

The weather was not all that great while we were there.  The wind was blowing and it was pretty dang cold except for Friday.  We took advantage and spent some time outside.  Maisy and I went into Cle Elum and saw our friends at the Yakima River Fly Shop and went for a walk on one of the many trails at the resort.

The barbecue was a lot of fun and we had a great turn out.  Heather and I both spaced taking photos as we were busy running around and keeping an eye on Maisy!

A few shots of the house we stayed in, and of two ladies that you all know!
Gus sneaks in for another shot...

Action shots of a born fly fisher... look at that casting stroke!

A proud papa...

3 comments:

  1. What fun. Maisy looks like she has a pretty good handle on her rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice digs! Glad you guys had a good time. Maisy can't start to young when it comes to fishing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ijust love to read your blog. You guys are wonderful. And I love the pictures. It looks like you had
    a terrific time! First fish for Maisy! You go girl.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete