Monday, March 29, 2010

Crikey, Mate!

Well, we have been back from vacation for a week now so I figured I would get a few photos up and let you all know that we made it home safely.  It was a great trip and we had a ton of fun.

Maisy stayed behind in Seattle with her grammy and grew a lot.  It is crazy how much they can change in as little as 10 days...  My Mom sure had a lot of fun with her.  They got to know each other really well.  I say that but I have a feeling that Maisy has known her all along.  They were best friends before we made it back to the house from the airport and it was all I could do to get Maisy away from her long enough to change a diaper!

Heather and I are getting better at traveling abroad as we only had a few hang ups on this trip.  The hotel had us checking in 2 days after we actually got there.  Luckily we got that mess straightened out quickly.  Notice to any anglers headed Down Under.  LAX has no problems with you carrying fishing rods as carry on, however the Sydney airport, on the way back, does.  I told the guy I had never injured anyone with them accept for myself, but he wouldn't listen, he made me check them anyway.  The whole time I kept imagining someone taking over an aircraft with nine foot fly rod... not possible, not even for Lefty Kreh!

The view from our room.  Sydney Harbor and the famous opera house...

Heather posing with some of the local fauna...



The new baby elephant at the Sydney Zoo...

The fishing was good!
an australian salmon...

That wasn't the only seafood we encountered...


Hiking around in the Blue Mountains...

The Three Sisters...


Heather and a few of her agents on the dance floor at the American Family gala...

Heather, her agent Paul and his wife Kristen, and American Family COO Dave Anderson and his wife... Paul was the number two agent in the entire company for last year!  Quite an accomplishment for them both!!!  Heather is so proud of him!

Stopping to enjoy the view on one of our morning runs...

Buddies... showing off some clothes we picked up at Costco...

Maisle Daisle...

windy ferry...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Home!! I didn't even realize you guys had gone and come back. Hope you liked Australia as much as we did. So, so, so glad you guys got to sneak away and spend some quality "couple" time together (windy ferry rides and all!). That is so cute Maisels had so much fun with Grammy. And so nice of Grammy to come out for 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, you look like Denali when he sticks his head out the car window! You both love wind in your hair!! Glad you guys had fun and hope to see you soon. Give your girls our love!

    ReplyDelete