Monday, September 24, 2007

Fishing the Sound






I have started fishing again!! The Puget Sound offers all kinds of angling opportunities. I have found that it is a bit more complicated than tossing a fly out in the river or lake to for the purpose of catching just a trout. Certain kinds of fish will go for certain colors and sizes of flies, and the tides play a huge factor on whether you will find fish near enough to the shore to catch them. Last Wednesday morning I found the fly that I was using will land 3 different kinds of fish. The funny thing thing is that I don't even know what type of fish 2 of them were! One of them happened to be the fish that I was after, a sea run cutthroat trout. I did not even know that they existed until a month ago after talking to a pro at the local fly shop. This fish, pound for pound, fought harder than any fresh water trout that I had ever landed. It was about 16 inches. The other two kinds that I landed, after a little research, found that they were a flounder and a couple of toad fish, people around hear call them bullhead. I wish I had photos of the fish to show you. I did manage to take some photos of the places that I have been fishing. This place is less than 10 minutes from our house!!! The spot that I have been fishing the most is the sandy point in the top photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment