Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Steelhead

Summer steelhead season opened at the beginning of the month. I felt I needed a refresher and my first official spey casting lesson. The video that I have added is of my friend Michael. He is the owner of Pacific Fly Fishers, the fly shop down the street from our house. I went out on the Skykomish River with him on Sunday. He is demonstrating two types of casts. The "single spey" and the "snap t". Watch how much line shoots out of his hand! You can see how much more water you are able to cover with this type of casting. I will post some footage of me when my cast looks as good as Michael's. He has been fishing like this for 10+ years. I have a long way to go.






Michael brought his dog Rogue along. He just sleeps in the sun- if it is out. He was following me around because I had a few dog treats in my pocket.
Gus has been losing teeth all over the house. I stepped on one in my bare feet the other day. They really get your attention (so sharp)! You can see he is missing a few in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment