






May was a very busy month! Heather was away for almost half of it. Her Grandma "T" passed away. She will be greatly missed. I feel like I didn't get to know her the way that I have the rest of Heather's family. I think her being hard of hearing may have played a large part in that. It was always easy talking to her husband Blair, he always had something interesting to say or a story to tell. ( I know where Van gets his ability to talk! ) I feel like I know her a little better now that she has passed on. That may sound a little funny but I think there is some truth to it. I heard a lot of stories about her from Van and other members of the family that I have never heard before. She truly was a great woman and is a part that "Great Generation". I often thought that I didn't have anything to talk to Grandma T about, thinking that we had nothing in common. I know now that I do have something in common with Grandma T. We both have families that we love very much, and that we would do anything for them. We also have families that love us unconditionally. I was always kind of apprehensive to talk to my Grandpa Joe, who recently passed, just as I was Grandma "T", I think this was because I knew he would always ask me the question - "What are you doing for work?" This question made me nervous because I was afraid that I would not have anything to tell him. We all know that since moving to Washington I have changed jobs just about as often as I have changed my underpants! ( which is a lot! ) I guess I just respect this generation so much that I feel like if am not working and making a living that I am letting them down in some way. They were such hard workers. I hope that someday when someone is thinking about Rob Ferrari they respect and remember me the same way that I do that "Generation."
On a lighter note- Gus is getting much bigger and we have him in puppy obedience class. He is the star of the show. I don't know what it is but he always does the things that I teach him in class perfectly until we get home, then it is all out the window! He is doing great though! Also I have expanded the patio in the back yard and it is ready for some use this summer. Heather and I have had a few fires and some good laughs out there already. Heather's agents have had their best month so far and have hit their sales plan goal for the second month in a row. She is doing great and keeping very busy. We had enough time to go see a few movies this weekend- Ironman and Indiana Jones- both were excellent! For those of you who were wondering- Heather is just making the headlines as usual. A TV news crew interviewed her and a few of her agents about the dinner cruise that we took a few weeks ago. What a beautiful night it was- and what a beautiful wife I have!
What a nice post, Robby. You DO have a beautiful wife - how cool she was interviewed. That cruise looked awesome. Gus is so dang cute - he really looks like a stuffed animal to me (especially the one of you holding him). He is really getting so big! Your backyard looks awesome. Miss you guys already. XOXO
ReplyDelete