Sunday, August 22, 2010

SLC, Ely, and Quinhagak

The Washington Ferrari's spent a weekend of fun with the Turner's a couple of weeks back.  Heather came back to the NW and went to work while Maisy and I made a drive over to Ely where we stayed for a few days.  The weather was hot but we found solace at the McGill swimming pool, one of my old haunts.  IT was a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Ferrari.  Maisy even got to visit with her Great Grandpa Twisty a little bit.  He is doing quite well.

Maisy and I then came back to the NW and brought her Grammy Emily along with us.  I had a day at home with the crew and then I was on a plane to Alaska where I spent an entire week fishing!  I caught several species of fish.  Rainbows (some of the prettiest I've seen), silver salmon, pink salmon, chum salmon, grayling, and dolly varden.  It was fishing Nirvana!  Just in case you are wondering where I was, up river from a small village called Quinhagak on the Kanektok River in western Alaska.  LINK

 I have to take a moment to thank my beautiful wife for a truly unbelievable experience.  It was a week that I will never forget and she made the whole thing possible and I am very grateful!  You are the BEST honey!

a day at Raging Waters...







hanging out with G and G Tuner and her cousin Taiden at their campground...




playing with Gma Ferrari...




finding rocks and catching guppies at the McGill Pool...











Despite the poor weather conditions and nearing the flooding stage on the river, it was great fishing in Alaska...

Silvers


Big, beautiful 'bows



I was fishing from THIS....

'Til THIS!!!!
it was AWESOME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Rob. Made me want to head back up north for a little fishing! Sounds like you three are having a great time.

    f

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhh catching a silver on a fly rod. FUN, FUN, FUN. And oh what a beautiful place to be doing it.

    Maisy girl so still loving your hair. Miss you, miss you.

    ReplyDelete